Sunday, June 8, 2008

Finish Line!

We did it! We're finally in LA!

Thank goodness for Bruce, who picked up the ball on posting images from the ride. While the ride is not a race, it was definitely a race for time. There are 3,000 of us. Between getting in line for the bathroom, getting in line for the showers, getting in line for food, getting in line for sports med and trying to fit in a decent 7 hours of sleep before the next day, I had no idea how to fit in time for blogging.

But here I am in LA.... no more excuses. Here are Days 3, 4 and 5.

Day 3 - Bustin up the Quadbuster

As many of the first time riders found out along the ride, there are plenty of ALC traditions to distract us from the endless miles and our aching knees. Today was a looooong and hot 99-mile day with plenty of distractions to choose from: taking a dip in a creek, bustin up the quadbuster hill to a street party at the top, a cookie lady, and a beauty pageant at Rest Stop 4.















Riders climbing a hill while others swim down below.














Cookie stop!















Posing with a Miss ALC7 contender...



Day 4 - Evil Twin Day, a tour of PG&E and Halfway to LA!

Today's route took us past the front entrance of the PG&E Service Center in San Luis Obispo, as well as straight into the PG&E Community Center for Rest Stop 3. Somewhere along the way, we also hit the "Halfway to LA" mark!
Evil Twins? That's what the 2 large hills we climbed between the quaint Paso Robles and Santa Maria were called. The route was mainly along the coast with beautiful ocean views.














Joyce stretching by Pismo Beach.













Porta-potties at a rest stop.














Bike techs working their magic.


















Holding up morning traffic...














Our tent-ville.














In our cozy home... getting ready for bed.



Day 5 - Red Dress Day

Today was shorter in distance, but huge in hill-climbing and sight seeing. There are no words to describe Red Dress Day.... good thing I was camera-happy on the entire ride! Apparently, from afar we were supposed to look like one large red ribbon zig-zagging up a mountain. I thought we looked more like a festive parade of fire ants.














Climbing in style.














Long lines to the bathroom.







Rest stop takes over a street.

Ralph and Jen's real day job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that there would be a blog. I'm extremely proud of the PG&E Power Pedalers. Congratulations on a ride well done.

David Stevenson
PG&E Core Gas Supply

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I am the first person to comment! Hooray and congratulations to you all! So proud of you!!